名古屋城内史跡案内 Historic-relics guidance in Nagoya Castle 

Top Page→

動画索引→

名古屋城の魅力発見 Charm introduction of Nagoya Castle

名古屋城には、多くの歴史史跡や庭園が残っています。 再建された正門を入ってすぐの左手にある榧(かや)の木は、 樹齢600年余、名古屋市で唯一の天然記念物。戦災を免れた 西南隅櫓、 東南隅櫓、西北隅櫓、本丸表二之門、二之丸大手二之門、 旧二之丸 東二之門はともに重要文化財に指定されています。 これから、整備の進む名勝 二之丸庭園や季節の花々を楽しめる 二之丸東庭園などを楽しむこともできます。
本丸表二之門から、玄関・表書院が完成した本丸御殿の見学や、 天守閣の展示で名古屋城の魅力や歴史を発見できます。

詳しくは下記の解説と関連映像(解説下)をご覧ください

Please look at the detailed following description and a related image (under description).


正門 Main Gate (reconstructed)

正門

明治43年(1910)に旧江戸城内の蓮池御門が移築されましたが、第2次世界大戦により 焼失したため、昭和34年(1959)、天守閣と共に再建されました。

This gate was originally called the Nishinomaru-enokida Gate. It was destroyed by fire during the Second Word War. The gate was reconstructed together with the donjon in 1959.

榧(かや)の木-天然記念物 Japanese Nutmeg of Nagoya Castle(Natural Monument)

榧(かや)の木-天然記念物

明高さが16m、幹回りが8mあり、築城以前から自生し樹齢600年以上と いわれています。初代藩主徳川義直が大坂へ出陣のとき、この実を 食べたといわれ、のち正月の祝膳にも添えられたといわれています。

Tokugawa Yoshinao, the first Load of the Castle, is said to have eaten the nuts of this tree before leaving for a war.This tree is still alive despite being damaged by the air raids of 1945 during WWⅡ.

西南隅櫓(重要文化財) Southwest Tower(Important Cultural Asset)

榧(かや)の木-天然記念物

未申(ひつじさる)櫓ともいわれ、屋根 2 層・内部 3 階の櫓。西、南両面には、軍事用の「石落し」を 張り出して屋根を付けています。大正10年に石垣と共に崩壊しましたが、宮内省によって 修理復旧され、鬼瓦などに菊花紋が見られます。

This tower is also called the Hitsuji-saru Tower (hitsuji-saru refers to the south-west). It is three stories tall with a two-level roof. On the west and south sides, trap doors projet below the lower-level rool for the purpose of dropping stones on attackers to defend the castle. The symbol of the chrysanthemum (the Imperial crest) can be seen on the ridge-end tiles.

本丸表二之門(重要文化財) Front Second Gate(Important Cultural Asset)

丸表二之門(重要文化財)

本丸大手の外門で、内門である表一之門(焼失)とともに枡形(枡のような四角な形)を 形成していました。現存する数少ない名古屋城創建時の建造物です。

This is one of the few structures that exist from the time of construction of original Nagoya Castle.

二之丸大手二之門(重要文化財) Ninomaru Ninomon (second gate)

二之丸大手二之門(重要文化財)

この門は二之丸西側にある枡形(枡のような四角な形)の外門となるもので、内門である 大手一之門(現存せず)と共に古くは西鉄門といわれ、二之丸正門を形成していました。

This gate along with another gate, Ichinomon (first gate), which has been dismantled, were known as the Nishikurogane Gate and served as the main entrance to the Ninomaru area. Constructed in the ancient Korea style, it has been designated as an important cultural asset of Japan.

東南隅櫓(重要文化財) Southeast Tower(Important Cultural Asset)

東南隅櫓(重要文化財)

辰巳(たつみ)櫓ともいわれ、その規模、構造は西南隅櫓と同じですが「落狭間」の 破風の形を異にしています。この櫓は創建当時の姿を伝えるもので、 鬼瓦などに葵の紋が見られます。

This tower is also called Tatsumi Tower (tatusmi refers to the south-east). This tower survived the original castle. The symbol of a hollyhock (crest of the Tokugawa family) can be seen on the ridge-end tiles.

清正の石引き Kiyomasa's Stone Pulling

清正の石引き

天守の石垣普請は、加藤清正に割り当てられました。巨石を運ぶにあたり、 清正自ら乗り音頭をとったと伝えられています。

It is said that Kato Kiyomasa, a renowned samurai who was ordered to supervise the construction of the stone walls of the Castle Towers, issued commands atop this stone.

二の丸茶亭 Ninomaru Tea House

二の丸茶亭

二の丸茶亭は、由緒ある二之丸庭園にふさわしい風格をもち、 現代様式のなかに古典美を生かした建物で素材も木曽の桧が用いられ、 点茶のための座敷および水屋などが造られています。

The Ninomaru Teahouse is a building which expresses classical beauty through modern archintecture. It is constructed with hinoki cypress from the Kiso region. A tatami-mat room and a washing room are used in the traditional Japanese tea ceremony.

名勝 二之丸庭園 Ninomaru Garden

名勝 二之丸庭園

元和年間(1615~23)に二之丸御殿の造営にともなって同御殿の北側に 造られた庭園です。享保年間(1716~36)以後、たびたび改修され、 枯山水回遊式庭園に改められました。

From 1615 to 1623, at the same time as the construction of the Ninomaru Place, a garden was laid out with a sanctuary on the north side of the palace as its centerpiece. However, in 1716, the garden was transformed into a dry Japanese Landscape garden, designed to be walked through.

二之丸東庭園 East Ninomaru Garden

二之丸東庭園

二之丸庭園は、文政年間(1818~29)に大改造されました。西隣にある現在の 「名勝 二之丸庭園」とともに、藩主常住の二之丸御殿の庭園を形成して いました。「御城御庭絵図」によれば、北に権現山、その西に栄螺(さざえ)山を配し、 南に大きな池を設け、その間に六つの茶席を点在させるなど、広大な規模の庭園でした。 明治維新になって、名古屋鎮台(のちの第三師団)が置かれ、陸軍の兵舎や訓練場を 作るため権現山の南側を削ったり、池を埋めるなどしました。昭和50年(1975)、 絵図に基づいて一部の発掘調査を行い、それで現れた北池、南池、茶席の霜傑(そうけつ)亭跡、 北暗渠(埋設あるいは蓋をした導水路)の四つの遺構を中心に整備して「二之丸東庭園」 として開園しました。

Excavation based on Oshiro Niwa Ezu (an illustration of the old castle’s garden) found the north pond, south pond, the site where the tea arbor named Soketsu one stood, and a drain. Rebuilt, the four form the main features of a 14,000m2 garden. Also in the vicinity are gardens of peonies and other flowers.

埋(うずみ)門跡 Marks of Uzume Gate

埋(うずみ)門跡

埋門は、城郭の石垣または土塀の下をくぐる門のこと。二之丸庭園の西北の位置に あり、城主の緊急の脱出口として作られました。この門をくぐり垂直の階段を降り 掘を渡って対岸の深井丸の庭から土居下を通り大曽根、勝川、定光寺を経て、 木曽路に行くことが極秘の脱出ル-トとされていました。

Uzume Gate is a thing of the gate which passes through the bottom of the stone wall of a fortress, or a mud wall.It was made for the escape in an emergency.

本丸御殿 Hommaru Palace (destroyed by fire)

本丸御殿

かつて名古屋城の本丸には、天守閣の南側に本丸御殿がありました。この本丸御殿は、 近世城郭御殿の最高傑作と言われ国宝に指定されていた建物で、現在、国宝になっている 京都二条城の二の丸御殿と並ぶ武家風書院造の双璧と言われていました。 勇壮な天守閣と優美な御殿が並び建つことで、名古屋城は城郭建築としての風格を形成しており、1930年(昭和5年)に国宝に指定されましたが、1945年(昭和20年)5月、空襲により天守閣、 本丸御殿ともに焼失してしまいました。現在、復元工事が行われています。

Just south of the Main Castle, the Hommaru Palace was originally built to be the offices and residence for the founding Lord of the Owari Clan, Tokugawa Yohinao, and later became the living quarters for visiting Shoguns. The Hommaru Palace, along with the Ninomaru Palace at Nijo Castle in Kyoto, is considered to have been the best example of Shoin Style palace architecture. Regrettably, the Hommaru Palace was destroyed by fire during the Second Word War. (We are currently accepting donations for its reconstruction.)

清正石

清正石

名古屋城最大の石垣石材。ここ本丸搦手枡形(からめてますがた)の石材は 黒田長政の担当でしたが、巨石であるため普請の名手加藤清正が積上げた と伝えられ清正石と呼ばれてきました。

旧二之丸 東二之門(重要文化財) Former Ninomaru East Second Gate

旧二之丸 東二之門(重要文化財)

本来は東鉄門という二之丸東の枡形(枡のような四角な形)外門で、現在の 東門の東側にありました。愛知県体育館の建設のため解体され本丸東二之門跡に 移転されました。

This gate was originally constructed as the east gate of the Ninomaru Palace in Edo Period, and was relocated to this site in 1972.

名古屋城天守閣 Main Castle Tower

名古屋城天守閣

関ケ原合戦(1600)に勝利した徳川家康が、来るべき大坂方との決戦に備え 尾張の中心であった清洲から、防衛拠点として好都合な熱田台地に遷府を決意したことで 、背後を断崖と沼地にした台地の西北端に名古屋城の築城が開始されました。 慶長15年(1610)の築城開始からわずか2年で天守閣は完成しました。
太平洋戦争末期の昭和20年(1945)5月の空襲で本丸御殿ととに焼失、現在の天守閣は 昭和34年(1959)に再建されたものです。

The original Nagoya Castle, surmounted by its resplendent golden dolphins, was burned to ashes in the Second World War. In 1959, the main donjon, the small donjon, the abutment bridge between the two, and the main gate were reconstructed.

不明門(焼失再建) Fumei Gate(Reconstruction)

不明門(焼失再建)

多門塀の下をくぐる埋門で、 本丸御殿の大奥へ通じる秘門で別名を「あかずの門」と言われていました。 戦災で焼失し天守閣再建時に再建されました。

The alias was called "gate not opening" at the secret gate which leads to the Ooku(Ladies' chamber).It was burned down by war devastation and rebuilt at the time of castle tower reconstruction.

天守礎石 Main Castle Tower Foundation Stones

天守礎石

昭和20年(1945)に焼失した旧国宝天守の礎石。地階の穴蔵の地盤の上に置かれており、 巨大な天守を支えていました。長く焼け跡に残っていましたが、天守閣再建にあたり 現在地に移し、かっての敷設状況を再現しました。

These are the cornerstones of the Castle Towers which were burned down in 1945. They have been relocated here to show how the Castle Towers were like in the past.

乃木倉庫(登録有形文化財) Nogi Warhouse(Important Cultural Asset)

乃木倉庫(登録有形文化財)

乃木希典(のぎまれすけ)が名古屋鎮台(1873~1888)に在任していた明治初期に 建てられたと伝えられ、だれいうとなく「乃木倉庫」と呼ばれるようになりました。 この建物は、レンガ造り平屋建で旧陸軍の弾薬庫として使用されました。 昭和20年(1945)の名古屋空襲の際、天守閣、御殿などが焼失しましたが、本丸御殿 の障壁画や天井絵類の大半を取りはずしてここに保管していたため被災を免れました。 のちにレンガの保全のため白亜塗りにされました。

The Nogi Warhouse was named after General Nogi, who was posted to Nagoya during the early Meiji period (1868-1912). Although Nagoya Castle was destroyed by an air raid on May 14, 1945, the screen and celling paintings of the Hommaru Palace were left undamaged because they were being stored in this warehouse.

西北隅櫓(重要文化財) Northwest Tower(Important Cultural Asset)

西北隅櫓(重要文化財)

別名を戌亥(いぬい)隅櫓とも清須櫓とも呼ばれています。 屋根は三層、内部は三階で、最上階は入母屋造り本瓦葺(ぶき)で、 他の建物の古材を多く用いて建てられました。 外部北面、西面に千鳥破風が作られ、「石落し」を備えています。

Also called Inui Tower or Kiyosu Tower, the Northwest Tower is a three-story structure with a roof at each level. The top layer, designed in the “irimoya” style, is covered with tiles.Many materials taken from other structures were also used in building this tower.

掲載映像の紹介

①名古屋城の史跡(3min29sec)

名古屋場内にある史跡を簡単に紹介しています。

②Historic relics of Nagoya Castle (3min29sec)

4vH_PB5nfeI,kZtLau8XOpQ