名古屋城ボランティアガイド(Nagoya Castle Guide)

名古屋城の史跡紹介---Historic-relics introduction of Nagoya Castle

①正門----Main Gate(reconstructed)

明治43年(1910)に旧江戸城内の蓮池御門が移築されましたが、第2次世界大戦により 焼失したため、昭和34年(1959)、天守閣と共に再建されました。

This gate was originally called the Nishinomaru-enokida Gate. It was destroyed by fire during the Second Word War. The gate was reconstructed together with the donjon in 1959.

②カヤの木---Torreya trees(Natural Monument)

高さが16m、幹回りが8mあり、築城以前から自生し樹齢600年以上と いわれています。初代藩主徳川義直が大坂へ出陣のとき、この実を 食べたといわれ、のち正月の祝膳にも添えられたといわれています。

Tokugawa Yoshinao, the first Load of the Castle, is said to have eaten the nuts of this tree before leaving for a war.This tree is still alive despite being damaged by the air raids of 1945 during WWⅡ.

③西南隅櫓----Southwest Corner Tower(Important Cultural Asset)

未申(ひつじさる)櫓ともいわれ、屋根 2 層・内部 3 階の櫓。西、南両面には、軍事用の「石落し」を 張り出して屋根を付けています。大正10年に石垣と共に崩壊しましたが、宮内省によって 修理復旧され、鬼瓦などに菊花紋が見られます。

This tower is also called the Hitsuji-saru Tower (hitsuji-saru refers to the south-west). It is three stories tall with a two-level roof. On the west and south sides, trap doors projet below the lower-level rool for the purpose of dropping stones on attackers to defend the castle. The symbol of the chrysanthemum (the Imperial crest) can be seen on the ridge-end tiles.

④東南隅櫓---Southeast Corner Tower(Important Cultural Asset)

辰巳(たつみ)櫓ともいわれ、その規模、構造は西南隅櫓と同じですが「落狭間」の 破風の形を異にしています。この櫓は創建当時の姿を伝えるもので、 鬼瓦などに葵の紋が見られます。

This tower is also called Tatsumi Tower (tatusmi refers to the south-east). This tower survived the original castle. The symbol of a hollyhock (crest of the Tokugawa family) can be seen on the ridge-end tiles.

⑤西北隅櫓---Northwest Corner Tower(Important Cultural Asset)

別名を戌亥(いぬい)隅櫓とも清須櫓とも呼ばれています。 屋根は三層、内部は三階で、最上階は入母屋造り本瓦葺(ぶき)で、 他の建物の古材を多く用いて建てられました。 外部北面、西面に千鳥破風が作られ、「石落し」を備えています。

Also called Inui Tower or Kiyosu Tower, the Northwest Tower is a three-story structure with a roof at each level. The top layer, designed in the “irimoya” style, is covered with tiles.Many materials taken from other structures were also used in building this tower.

⑥旧二之丸東二之門---Former Ninomaru East Second Gate(Important Cultural Asset)

多門塀の下をくぐる埋門で、 本丸御殿の大奥へ通じる秘門で別名を「あかずの門」と言われていました。 戦災で焼失し天守閣再建時に再建されました。

This gate was originally constructed as the east gate of the Ninomaru Palace in Edo Period, and was relocated to this site in 1972.

⑦名勝二之丸庭園---Scenic Ninomaru Garden

二之丸庭園は、文政年間(1818~29)に大改造されました。西隣にある現在の 「名勝 二之丸庭園」とともに、藩主常住の二之丸御殿の庭園を形成して いました。「御城御庭絵図」によれば、北に権現山、その西に栄螺(さざえ)山を配し、 南に大きな池を設け、その間に六つの茶席を点在させるなど、広大な規模の庭園でした。 明治維新になって、名古屋鎮台(のちの第三師団)が置かれ、陸軍の兵舎や訓練場を 作るため権現山の南側を削ったり、池を埋めるなどしました。昭和50年(1975)、 絵図に基づいて一部の発掘調査を行い、それで現れた北池、南池、茶席の霜傑(そうけつ)亭跡、 北暗渠(埋設あるいは蓋をした導水路)の四つの遺構を中心に整備して「二之丸東庭園」 として開園しました。

From 1615 to 1623, at the same time as the construction of the Ninomaru Place, a garden was laid out with a sanctuary on the north side of the palace as its centerpiece. However, in 1716, the garden was transformed into a dry Japanese Landscape garden, designed to be walked through.

⑧本丸御殿---Hommaru Palace (destroyed by fire)

かつて名古屋城の本丸には、天守閣の南側に本丸御殿がありました。この本丸御殿は、 近世城郭御殿の最高傑作と言われ国宝に指定されていた建物で、現在、国宝になっている 京都二条城の二の丸御殿と並ぶ武家風書院造の双璧と言われていました。 勇壮な天守閣と優美な御殿が並び建つことで、名古屋城は城郭建築としての風格を形成しており、1930年(昭和5年)に国宝に指定されましたが、1945年(昭和20年)5月、空襲により天守閣、 本丸御殿ともに焼失してしまいました。現在、復元工事が行われています。

Just south of the Main Castle, the Hommaru Palace was originally built to be the offices and residence for the founding Lord of the Owari Clan, Tokugawa Yohinao, and later became the living quarters for visiting Shoguns. The Hommaru Palace, along with the Ninomaru Palace at Nijo Castle in Kyoto, is considered to have been the best example of Shoin Style palace architecture. Regrettably, the Hommaru Palace was destroyed by fire during the Second Word War. (We are currently accepting donations for its reconstruction.)

⑨清正石----Kiyomasa Stone

名古屋城最大の石垣石材。ここ本丸搦手枡形(からめてますがた)の石材は 黒田長政の担当でしたが、巨石であるため普請の名手加藤清正が積上げた と伝えられ清正石と呼ばれてきました。

This is biggest stone among all stones contituting Nagoya Castle's stone walls. It is said that this stone was put in place by Kato Kiyomasa, who was known as a master of stone wall constraction.

⑩名古屋城天守閣-----Main Castle Tower

関ケ原合戦(1600)に勝利した徳川家康が、来るべき大坂方との決戦に備え 尾張の中心であった清洲から、防衛拠点として好都合な熱田台地に遷府を決意したことで 、背後を断崖と沼地にした台地の西北端に名古屋城の築城が開始されました。 慶長15年(1610)の築城開始からわずか2年で天守閣は完成しました。 太平洋戦争末期の昭和20年(1945)5月の空襲で本丸御殿ととに焼失、現在の天守閣は 昭和34年(1959)に再建されたものです。

The original Nagoya Castle, surmounted by its resplendent golden dolphins, was burned to ashes in the Second World War. In 1959, the main donjon, the small donjon, the abutment bridge between the two, and the main gate were reconstructed.

名古屋城ボランティアガイド(Nagoya Castle Volunteer guide)

mWDZi_WnEhs,vV4dIqRS08g